Friday, October 21, 2005

A letter from an African Princess

Hey kids,
This morning I recieved a letter from this young lady who claimed to be in dire need of my help. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=34019344&Mytoken=D921E0F2-100E-FFA5-687C98271F7F934B47486638
And whats more she claimed to be Nigerian royal. Heck it's not everyday you hear from a princess offering to share a million bucks with you, right? Riiight, so out of curiosity I read her story and have posted it for you all. I also posted my response at the bottom of the message so you can read it for yourself. Enjoy!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Brian



My name is princess onome, I am the son of HRH King Solomon Abonime, the king of Ogoni Kingdom. I am 26 years old the only surviving son of my mother, My father was the king of Ogoni Kingdom the highest oil producing area in Nigeria. He was in charge of reviving royalties from the multi-national oil companies and government on behalf of the oil producing
communities in Nigeria. After the killings and burning down of my fathers houses, properties and hanging of the Ogoni Nine(9) including Ken Saro Wiwa by the late dictator General Sani Abacha’s government, my father suffered stroke and died in August27th last year.

Before his death he called me and told me that he deposited the sum of Three Million United States Dollars with a Security Finance Company for a safe keeping. He advised me not to tell anybody except my mother who is the last wife of the (8) eight wives that he married. I am the only daughter and child of
my Mother. The elder wives have taking possession of the whole wealth of my late father with their sons and daughters just because of African tradition.


Due to the love that my father had for my mother, he told me to relocate to a foreign country with the fund and start a new life that in no condition should I decide to stay in Nigeria because they will kill me and my mother if they came to find out that we have such money in our possession.


He handed over the document that backs up that fund in the Security Finance Company, which he made with my name as the beneficiary. Now I am soliciting for your help in receiving this Box that contain this fund on my behalf. My mother and I would be coming to you and we will invest with the money in your country, you will help us in suggesting the kind of business that will be good. Also you will find a bungalow for us where we will reside. You are entitled to a reasonable part of this money based on our agreement, and God will bless you as you help us because we have nothing left with us, the fund in question is the only hope we have. Please reply with your
(1) private telephone Number (2)
your Home address (3) Your nationality.
Tell me more about your self and what you do for a living.
private email; contact stan1963@o2.pl
Yours sincerely,
princess onome

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now for my response...

Dear Princess,
I am truly sorry to hear about your Father. May he rest in piece. As for the funds, I'm sure I can be of some assistance. We should invest that money as quickly as possible ina Roth IRA a mutual fund account, and diversify, as you know this will result in the highest yield over the long term. I also have a lovely guest cottage out back for you and your Mother to stay in. My only request is that you will need to send me a signed contract for my involvement in this matter. Please send all relevant information to the address below. By the way, why does your address below say Nigeria and your location on Myspace reads Virginia? Also I'm a bit confused did you say you were the son of HRH King Solomon Abonime? I know a few guys who call themselves "Queen" but never "Princess", :-D. I'm sure there was a malfunction on the part of Myspace. Anyway my cel phone numer is...

















(404)EAT-SHIT

My address is

9695 Dumb-Ass Con st.


My web site is
http://www.data-wales.co.uk/nigerian_laundering.htm